Dr Paolo Ricchi
Assistant at Unit of Rare Red Cell Disease of AORN Cardarelli, Naples, Italy
Current position: Assistant at Unit of Rare Red Cell Disease of AORN Cardarelli, Naples, Italy
He published more than 50 scientific full articles in peer reviewed international journals
(23 as first author and 3 as last author)
h-index = 15 Number of citations = 913 ( Google scholar)
Main research fields:
As hematologist: Thalassemia and hemoglobinopathies:
1) Hepatitis treatments and liver cancer in thalassemia.
2) Extramedullary hematopoiesis, incidental findings and malignancies in thalassemia
3) the combined modality of iron chelation in thalassemia major patients
4) NTDT: pathogenesis and complications
5) The role of the soluble form of the transferrin receptor as biomarker of disease severity
6) new hemoglobin inducers.
He is a sub investigator in the ongoing, phase 2, multicenter, open-label, dose-finding study followed by a long-term extension study to evaluate the effects of luspatercept in patients with either transfusion-dependent (TD) or non-transfusion dependent (NTD) beta-thalassemia
He is also a sub-investigator in the ongoing Phase 3, double bind, randomized, placebo-controlled, multicenter study of Luspatercept versus placebo in adults who require regular red blood cell transfusions due to B-Thalassemia (BELIEVE).
Since 2015 is a Member of the Scientific Committee of E-Myocardial Iron Overload (E-MIOT) Network